:zz: Pilot Port -- 20k ????

This seems to me extremely small.  Given that
 users will want thousands of cells, and cells will
 only be getting more overhead, perhaps this is
 not yet the time for such a port.

Thoughts, anyone?

ChrzT

At 05:50 AM 1/28/99 +1100, you wrote:
>On Wed, Jan 13, 1999 at 10:42:09PM -0500, Edward Keyes wrote:
>> In my opinion, it's probably a mistake to try for a straight port,
>> just because the system requirements are too different.  I mean,
>> the Pilot only has ~20K of dynamic RAM available for application
>> use... at a guess this is significantly smaller than perl prefers.
>
>Is this still the case when running uCLinux on the Pilot?
>
>Cheers,
>	*** Xanni ***
>--
>mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx                         Andrew Pam
>http://www.xanadu.com.au/                       Technical VP, Xanadu
>http://www.glasswings.com.au/                   Technical Editor, Glass Wings
>http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/                   Manager, Serious Cybernetics
>P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia  Phone +61 3 96511511

 Home Fax from USA: 011-81-466-46-7368  (If in Japan, 0466-46-7368)
http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/  (Professorial page)
Permanent: Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net (see also Professorial page, above)
PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
Quotation of the day, 99.01.20
"In order to reach the future we must survive the present."  TN99