Re: Trying to work under NT 4

> I'm currently up a creek without a POSIX paddle.

It's probably not important.

> So I tried commenting out the "use POSIX;" line, and here's what I get:
>
>     Bareword "SEEK_SET" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at zigzag
> line 627.

That's good, because SEEK_SET was defined in Posix.pm, and now it's
warning you that it's not defined.  There are two answers here:

1. That's in a very little-used feature, so for most things won't
   matter much if it's broken.

2. You can probably make it work if you add this line near the top of zigzag:

   sub SEEK_SET () { 0 }

It's just a constant.

>     Bareword "NULL" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at zigzag
> line 2155.

Ditto here:

   sub NULL () { 0 }

> Is the lack of a POSIX module going to be a real bummer?

No.