[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Okay, I've figured out
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Okay, I've figured out
- From: Mark-Jason Dominus <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 12:02:12 -0500
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Tue, 17 Nov 1998 22:29:31 +1100." <19981117222931.J26384@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
> Mark-Jason Dominus wrote:
> > * Function to return the accursed cell:
> By this do you mean the cell a cursor points to?
Yes. I got that word from TN.
> > * Function to read a string from the keyboard
> > $name = prompt_for_input("What's your name?");
> THIS one we need. Ugh.
> > This would require some messing around with the input routines and
> > with `Curses'.
> Wanna write it for me? I need it NOW.
> Documentation, WHEN I get the new version workable, would be great :)
I'm yours to command.
> Interestingly (or not :)), all except 3 of your new functions magically
> appeared when we re-engineered the OO stuff.
That's a good sign that we both got it right.