[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: Awful Hackery? (was: Re: Clarif. re inside/contents
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: Awful Hackery? (was: Re: Clarif. re inside/contents
- From: Ted Nelson <ted@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 21:36:09 +0900
- Cc: ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <19981029003036.17192.qmail@xxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <Your message of "Wed, 28 Oct 1998 18:22:26 +0900." <22.214.171.124.19981028182226.008d18b0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
Well, you get the choice. One leg at a time,
one cell at a time, one sell at a time...
At 07:30 PM 10/28/98 -0500, you wrote:
>> As with many general conditions of life (what country you
>> live in, living under capitalism, relationships, etc.), there are
>> daily inconveniences but there's a lot to be said for the
>> overall commitment.
>Yes, but there are also a lot of systems in which the large benefit is
>*not* worth the small inconveniences.
>Remember the story about the guy who puts on his trousers every
>morning by hanging them from the doorknob and taking a flying leap
>from across the room?
Theodor Holm Nelson, Visiting Professor of Environmental Information
Keio University, Shonan Fujisawa Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
Home Fax from USA: 011-81-466-46-7368 (If in Japan, 0466-46-7368)
Professorial home page http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/
Permanent: Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/332-0136
PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
Quotation of the day, 98.10.29:
Last words of Oscar Wilde: "Either that wallpaper goes, or I do."