:zz: Proposed conjoined execution dims (1)

Last week or so I mentioned that we need a d.execution.

A second dimension, as yet unnamed, could do FORK and JOIN.

Example:
\/d.execution   =>d.(fork&join)
c-d
e  f
h-i

In this method, a triggers b triggers c and d.
 (If you want them to happen at the same time, you fork 'em.)
c triggers e, e triggers h; d triggers f triggers g triggers i.
Whichever happens first (h or i) waits for the other.

In other words,
 OUTGOING (d to f) is a fork (by interpretation);
 INCOMING (g to i) is a JOIN (by interpretation).

I can't quite state this more exactly yet.
 Something about connecting plusward/negward after a connection...

Punch line:
THIS HELPS VISUALIZE MULTIPLE-PROCESSOR
 SOFTWARE.

ChrzT

 Home Fax from USA: 011-81-466-46-7368  (If in Japan, 0466-46-7368)
Professorial home page http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/
Permanent: Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
Quotation of the day, 98.10.28:
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is
comprehensible."  Albert Einstein