[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: WARNING: d.inside and d.contents DON'T WORK YET
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: WARNING: d.inside and d.contents DON'T WORK YET
- From: Mark-Jason Dominus <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 10:18:10 -0500
- Cc: mjd@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Mon, 26 Oct 1998 14:58:46 EST." <220.127.116.11.19981026145846.007e55c0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
> VERY gratified that you've added to the system.
> HowEVer, d.inside and d.contents are STILL NOT FIXED!
Yes. But when they are fixed, it will be easier to use them if my new
command is in.
> (Not meaning they're shifting in meaning,
When I first saw that you had changed the name from
I was pleased. ``Oh, they've given them real names.'' I said.
``That's good.'' But when I saw what you planned to do with them, I
wasn't so sure. d.contents isn't really useful without d.inside.
They're designed to work together, and they don't seem to make any
sense separately. So the original names might have been better.
> -- Does it help that some people think this is an exact transposition
> of Lisp's equivalent, car (the containing cell) and cdr?
I'm not sure. I'll think about it. I'm sure this will turn up in my
> And WELCOME TO THE GANG!