[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: :zzSig: Containment dims (was Re2: Questions
- To: "Andrew Pam" <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Ted Nelson" <ted@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: :zzSig: Containment dims (was Re2: Questions
- From: "Jan Theodore Galkowski" <disneylogic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 23:08:14 -0400
- Cc: "disneylogic" <disneylogic@xxxxxxxxxxx>, marlene@xxxxxxxxxx, eharter@xxxxxxxxx, zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <20030506142330.GB599@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <18.104.22.168.20020502222048.0092bc90@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <22.214.171.124.2.20020501222352.00a8fec0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <126.96.36.199.20020503235332.00931700@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20030506142330.GB599@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Thanks, all, for including me in this discussion again.
Yes, I would very much like to again be part of it.
Please count me in. But use
as my e-mail address of choice. I get it in more places,
and it's far better than Yahoo!. Not in Micronesia, either.
It's an Australian invention.
"A mind stretched by a great new idea
never returns again to its former dimensions."
P.S. What d'ya all think of that old scrooge Ellison, eh?
He needs to be surprised. (;-)}
On Wed, 7 May 2003 00:23:30 +1000, "Andrew Pam" <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 11:53:32PM -0700, Ted Nelson wrote:
> > (A depth setting has been suggested as a way to prevent
> > accidental runaway perpetual loops; but if you *want*
> > this mechanism to allow perpetual loops, well, we can
> > discuss it :)
> When rendering contained cells, my implementation uses a temporary list
> of cells already part of the containment structure and never follows a
> connection that leads to a cell already included earlier. This allows
> arbitrary depths without looping, but of course it is only one possible
> implementation; there could be situations in which looping to a fixed
> depth is preferable.
Jan Theodore Galkowski (o°)
A N O N
.... a way of information like
you've never seen before.
Are you ready to be experienced?
Coming to the Web this June of 2003