Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] :zz,virt: Model-view-controller (was Re: [zzdev] Fwd: Re: [zzdev] Re: Query: Technical description for keybinding actions?

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 09:25:55AM +0200, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> On 20020227T235121+0000, Ted Nelson wrote:
> > I think the "model-view-controller" idea is another silly PARC idea.
> >  It's just saying that we have an interface.  Controller sends choices IN;
> >  view comes OUT.  WOW!  HEAVY THINKING!
>
> No, actually, MVC is not that.  MVC is about how the program achieves
> whatever interface it has

Actually, the even more important thing is:

MVC is about *decoupling* the internal model and the view. The view
code doesn't need to know about the internals except through a well-defined
interface and the internals do not need to care about the views except
for providing that interface.

	Tuomas