[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: Query: Technical description for keybinding actions?
- To: Jan Theodore Galkowski <jtgalkowski@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: Query: Technical description for keybinding actions?
- From: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 15:20:19 +1100
- Cc: "B. Fallenstein" <b.fallenstein@xxxxxx>, Jan Theodore Galkowski <CodingWizard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <220.127.116.11.2.20020215182701.00a5a410@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from jtgalkowski@xxxxxxxxxxxx on Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 08:08:41PM -0500
- References: <18.104.22.168.2.20020215160358.00a2f1d0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <3C6D9364.67713CB6@xxxxxx> <22.214.171.124.2.20020215182701.00a5a410@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 08:08:41PM -0500, Jan Theodore Galkowski wrote:
> (1) What's a "transclusion"?
A virtual inclusion (include by reference), orthogonal to the concept
of a "link":
> (2) Why can't RTF text have markup attached to it? I'm sure
> you have a good reason, but I just don't see.
Indeed it can, but unfortunately it already includes intrinsic markup
which is what we are trying to avoid (Ted would say "prevent"). :)
> (3) I want RTF because it's the gateway to arbitrary and
> specialized character sets, like the Asian ones and
> stuff like the Elvish Runes of Middle Earth as well
> as hieroglyphics.
Standard Unicode text serves this purpose without introducing intrinsic
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.com.au/ Chief Scientist, Xanadu
http://www.glasswings.com.au/ Technology Manager, Glass Wings
http://www.sericyb.com.au/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
http://two-cents-worth.com/?105347&EG Donate two cents to our work!
P.O. Box 477, Blackburn VIC 3130 Australia Phone +61 401 258 915