[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
On the ZZ trademark
- To: ZZ Development <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: On the ZZ trademark
- From: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@xxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 16:44:48 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: ZZ Development <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <ajk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I am told that there is a legal problem with projects that Ted does not
control (such as GZigZag) using the ZigZag trademark.
I know of one precedent which might help matters. "TeX" is a trademark
held (IIRC) by the American Mathematical Society. Any software that
passes the "TRIP" test can be referred to with the name "TeX".
Is this something that could be used with ZigZag?
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho, LuK (BSc) * http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ * gaia@xxxxxx