[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] :zz: Could we make a General Updater for ZZdata?
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] :zz: Could we make a General Updater for ZZdata?
- From: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 17:51:16 +1000
- In-reply-to: <220.127.116.11.19980718065951.00ae2610@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from Ted Nelson on Sat, Jul 18, 1998 at 06:59:51AM +0900
- References: <18.104.22.168.19980718065951.00ae2610@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, Jul 18, 1998 at 06:59:51AM +0900, Ted Nelson wrote:
> This problem of having to pull cell structures forward
> with every new version is very daunting.
> I have hundreds of datasets already, each locked to
> a specific version.
> True, maybe only 30 of them are current, but still.
> So might this be possible? as follows--
> A general update program, such that
> - It accepts any old ZZ format
> - It converts to the latest format (leaving prev. for safety)
> - (Optional, might be useful for understanding how things were--)
> it downdates to some previous format as specified?
Yes, that's certainly possible; it's been on the "To Do" list for some time.
*** Xanni ***
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.com.au/ Technical VP, Xanadu
http://www.glasswings.com.au/ Technical Editor, Glass Wings
http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia Phone +61 3 96511511