[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] :zz: OOPs
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] :zz: OOPs
- From: Gossamer <gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 00:57:53 +1000
- In-reply-to: <184.108.40.206.19980923062947.00795420@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from Ted Nelson on Wed, Sep 23, 1998 at 06:29:47AM +0900
- References: <19980714103046.A2074@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <220.127.116.11.19980713212722.008afb50@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <19980714103046.A2074@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <19980810034250.M19460@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <18.104.22.168.19980923062947.00795420@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
Ted Nelson wrote:
> How's it going?
> How are the Objects of Desire ?-)
I've already chatted to Andrew about this:
Havinh looked further, there's really no sensible way to OOPify the
existing source without re-writing it. The only thing that can be
sensibly separated out is the cell-contents stuff, which is a small
part of the whole.
The problem is that most of the sections are designed assuming they
have access to everything - eg the display routines need to 'know'
what the cell contents are directly, and so forth. If you locked
Xanni and me up in a room for a weekend we could re-write it OOPly,
but it'd be a big effort.
: Gossamer gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx | Xanadoodler
: http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/ | And proud of it :)
: This above all; to thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the
: night the day, thow canst not then be false to any man.
: -- William Shakespeare, 'Hamlet'