Re: [zzdev] :zz: OOPs

Ted Nelson wrote:
> How's it going?
> How are the Objects of Desire ?-)

I've already chatted to Andrew about this:

Havinh looked further, there's really no sensible way to OOPify the
existing source without re-writing it.  The only thing that can be
sensibly separated out is the cell-contents stuff, which is a small
part of the whole.

The problem is that most of the sections are designed assuming they
have access to everything - eg the display routines need to 'know'
what the cell contents are directly, and so forth.  If you locked
Xanni and me up in a room for a weekend we could re-write it OOPly,
but it'd be a big effort.

Gossamer

--
: Gossamer     gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  | Xanadoodler