[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] :zz: Getting ZZ to open automatically at Keio
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] :zz: Getting ZZ to open automatically at Keio
- From: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 02:06:44 +1000
- In-reply-to: <184.108.40.206.19980923050905.00a8e9a0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from Ted Nelson on Wed, Sep 23, 1998 at 05:09:05AM +0900
- References: <220.127.116.11.19980923050905.00a8e9a0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Sep 23, 1998 at 05:09:05AM +0900, Ted Nelson wrote:
> (Please confirm that this is correct before I
> confront CNS with it.) --------------------------------
Yes, looks right to me!
> To review our discussions of the day:
> to get a ZZ file to open automatically when a
> URL to that file is clicked--
> 1) there has to be some stuff in the server;
> 2) there has to be some stuff in each browser.
> I will discuss this with the folks at CNS, as follows:
> 1) Could they please add a mime-type to their table
> with the name
> and which is associated with the suffix
> 2) Could they please reconfigure the browsers
> to open zigzag as a helper application when
> a file suffixed .zz is opened?
And also files of MIME-type "application/x-zigzag" regardless of suffix.
The command to run as a helper application is of course just "zigzag"
with the downloaded filename as a parameter.
*** Xanni ***
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.net/xanadu/ Technical VP, Xanadu
http://www.glasswings.com.au/ Technical Editor, Glass Wings
http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia Phone +61 3 96511511