:zz: Getting ZZ to open automatically at Keio

Hi Andrew--

(Please confirm that this is correct before I
 confront CNS with it.) --------------------------------

To review our discussions of the day:

to get a ZZ file to open automatically when a
 URL to that file is clicked--

1) there has to be some stuff in the server;
2) there has to be some stuff in each browser.

I will discuss this with the folks at CNS, as follows:

1)  Could they please add a mime-type to their table
 with the name
application/x-zigzag
 and which is associated with the suffix
.zz
 ?

2)  Could they please reconfigure the browsers
 to open zigzag as a helper application when
 a file suffixed .zz is opened?

We'll at least see what they say.

(This comes after I talk to them about jfax format.)

ChrzT
http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
 Home Fax: 0466-46-7368  From USA: 011-81-466-46-7368
Project Xanadu (Permanent)
 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/ 332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
Quotation of the day, 98.07.25:
"There is always far more to be explained than you possibly imagined would
be necessary when you started explaining."  TN98