[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Errors and exceptions
- To: "B. Fallenstein" <b.fallenstein@xxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Errors and exceptions
- From: Tuomas Lukka <lukka@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 19:34:21 +0300
- Cc: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <3AD875D5.9D9BA6C1@xxxxxx>; from b.fallenstein@xxxxxx on Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 06:07:48PM +0200
- Mail-followup-to: "B. Fallenstein" <b.fallenstein@xxxxxx>, zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- References: <20010414155732.A24224@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <3AD875D5.9D9BA6C1@xxxxxx>
> > Opinions?
> I agree with the classes you mention, but we also need a SyntaxError or
> similar kind of thing for malformed structures: the program expects some
> ZZ structure, but gets something else. This should probably be an error,
> because it usually needs to be handled by the user somehow, not the
> calling function.
By the way: what does Renderable.translate do? Is it necessary in Core
or can we handle it through FlobSets somehow? I really don't like having
it at that level, especially with the "returns false if .. not supported".
Any other thoughts on core?
BTW: I'm on IRC now.