[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] This community
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] This community
- From: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@xxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 09:47:13 +0200
- In-reply-to: <14957.11845.236183.868011@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from jared@xxxxxxxxxxx on Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 11:09:57PM -0800
- Mail-followup-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- References: <14957.11845.236183.868011@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <ajk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On 20010122T230957-0800, Jared Rhine wrote:
> This community has one of the oddest group dynamics I've encountered
> in an open source project. Specifically, I've received a number of
> suggestions recently that primary maintainers are compensated directly
> for their work on gzigzag. _Would someone do the public community a
> favor of explaining what exactly the power dynamic is here?_ Who's
> paying for work? What expectations do they have of being able to
> direct development? Who's leading development? Who has final say on
> feature development?
Tuomas is the lead developer. I and many others in the Jyväskylä team
are employed by the University of Jyväskylä in various temporary research
positions, some full time and some half time, in Tuomas' research group
"JYU Hyperstructure Group". I'll leave explaining the funding of the
project to Tuomas.
Tuomas himself has a position as "research doctor" in the University.
%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % gaia@xxxxxx % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%
Keep the Deja Archive Alive!