Re: [zzdev] Re: conversion (Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Good news!)

On 20000910T170120+0300, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> > I still can't understand your eagerness to get rid of the version converters.
> > Is it to reduce the jar size or to hide the "mistakes" made earlier? =)
>
> To make the source code more approachable, among other things. It's
> littered with old, deprecated file because of the converters (like the old
> file format now).

One thing we've been pondering is making the converters standalone
programs available separately from the rest of the system.  This has the
advantage that we can keep accessibility for the old formats indefinitely
without having to maintain all versions of the whole system.

--
%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % gaia@xxxxxx % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%