Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Fully general cell references

Hi A-J,

I cannot find a hole in your system -- it does work, and it is
"reasonably" efficient -- although I don't know what you need it for, so
I don't know if it is "reasonable" in that context. Question is: What do
you need it for? You could as well seperate between two kinds of
cursor-cargo cells (maybe using a different dim, cursor-pointer or
something) which references to the cursor at its head, not to the cell
the cursor points to. Of course, I see that this might not be desirable
because it lumps some additional functionality on an existing system,
which makes it less easy to understand. So the tradeoff is:

1) create an additional system, which is inconsistent with the rest,
2) extend the existing system, which clutters it, or
3) create a new system and make it the main system, which may be less
efficient than the current main system.

The last solution would mean replacing current cursors by your system.
As I don't know what you need this for, and which other uses you expect,
I have no idea what would be appropriate. (It doesn't cover *everything*
we might want for pointing: one cell can't point to multiple others.
But, of course, you can always work around that. It's just, no
possibility is intrinsically better or worse; it all depends on what
you're going to do with this.

jm2c...
- Benja