[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: :gzz,virt,mot: Changing direction of the cursor?
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: :gzz,virt,mot: Changing direction of the cursor?
- From: Ted Nelson <ted@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 22:55:05 +0900
- Cc: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.3.96.1000711081958.24614c-100000@fuga>
- References: <126.96.36.199.20000711212521.008758b0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
At 08:21 AM 7/11/00 +0300, you wrote:
>> Okay, but conceptually the cursor points at a cell.
>> How does that relate here?
>Not at all: it's simply a matter of convention which way
>d.cursor runs. Similar to which side you drive on: as long
>as everyone agrees, it's just about equal.
>But the point is that the cell that is pointed to should
>be the headcell, right? At least that is the picture I got
>from you. The current Java code has this accidentally reversed:
>the cell pointed to is the poscell, which doesn't make as much sense.
Theodor Holm Nelson
Project Professor, Keio University SFC Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
Visiting Professor, University of Southampton, England
? e-mail: ted@xxxxxxxxxx ? world-wide fax 1/415/332-0136
? http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/ ? http://www.xanadu.net
? Coordinates in USA Tel. 415/ 331-4422
Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965