Re: [zzdev] Re: :zz: Easy: definition of "mark" ops, d.mark & d.list

On Fri, Jul 31, 1998 at 10:10:35PM +1000, Gossamer wrote:
> Ted Nelson wrote:
> > The idea is that bunches of things can be marked,
> >  and each bunch has a separate list on d.marklist
> >  (maybe it should be d.listmarks?)-- so that a cell
> >  can be marked variously in different bunches.
>
> The way I am imagining this is it's sorta like regular highlighting,
> only instead of doing it with just yellow you have a whole bunch of
> pens.  So then you can go back and say "Do X to all the bits I marked
> red".  Does that make sense?
>
> Except of course, with ZigZag, the "colours" are m.1 m.2 ... etc.

Yes, that sounds right.

> The part I'm not sure about is the marklist part ... I feel like I'm
> being dumb.   "A separate list on d.marklist" -- how do I do that?

Well, as I understand it the idea is to have the first cell in each
mark group linked to the next mark group in d.marklist, so that you can
step through all the mark groups.

> Also, what keys would I set it to?  Or no keys at all?   At the moment
> I just have M and m mapped to marking and unmarking in m.1.

Once marking on a given group is terminated you presumably increment the
mark group number for next time.  The current mark group number probably
needs to be stored in a system cell somewhere.  Then there also needs
to be a way to modify existing marks.

> Feeling proud she's half-implemented mark when
> she didn't think she could.

Well done!

Cheers,
	*** Xanni ***