[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] :zz: HotZiggity boot floppy can't just be copied, I don't think
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx, marlene@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] :zz: HotZiggity boot floppy can't just be copied, I don't think
- From: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 04:34:02 +1000
- Cc: ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <184.108.40.206.19980723080817.0095e5b0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from Ted Nelson on Thu, Jul 23, 1998 at 08:08:17AM +0900
- References: <199807221842_MC2-53E9-2999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <220.127.116.11.19980723080817.0095e5b0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Jul 23, 1998 at 08:08:17AM +0900, Ted Nelson wrote:
> dp (Andrew plz verify)
> Note that I believe that each ZZ boot disk
> must be made using the same procedure,
> they can't just be copied.
> *Unless* you have a track-by-track copy program.
> Which I think you said we do.
That's correct. You can copy the diskettes with any "disk copying"
program, but not with, say, the DOS "copy" command since there is no
DOS filesystem. Alternatively, you can use RAWRITE (or "dd" under any
Unix) to make additional copies of the disk from the disk image file.
Share and enjoy Hot Ziggity,
*** Xanni ***
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.net/xanadu/ Technical VP, Xanadu
http://www.glasswings.com.au/ Technical Editor, Glass Wings
http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia Phone +61 3 96511511