[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
:zz: Could we make a General Updater for ZZdata?
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: :zz: Could we make a General Updater for ZZdata?
- From: Ted Nelson <ted@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 06:59:51 +0900
- Cc: ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
Bek and Andrew especially,
This problem of having to pull cell structures forward
with every new version is very daunting.
I have hundreds of datasets already, each locked to
a specific version.
True, maybe only 30 of them are current, but still.
So might this be possible? as follows--
A general update program, such that
- It accepts any old ZZ format
- It converts to the latest format (leaving prev. for safety)
- (Optional, might be useful for understanding how things were--)
it downdates to some previous format as specified?
Theodor Holm Nelson, Visiting Professor of Environmental Information
Keio University, Shonan Fujisawa Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/ PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
Home Fax: 0466-46-7368 From USA: 011-81-466-46-7368
Project Xanadu (Permanent)
3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/ 332-0136
Quotation of the day, 98.07.18:
"All resemblances are alike." TN57