[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] [zzdev] Theft of datasets: HUH?
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] [zzdev] Theft of datasets: HUH?
- From: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 03:46:08 +1000
- Cc: "Mallicoat; Marlene" <75231.762@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Nelson; Ted" <ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <199807070647_MC2-5262-181@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from Marlene Mallicoat on Tue, Jul 07, 1998 at 06:47:27AM -0400
- References: <199807070647_MC2-5262-181@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Jul 07, 1998 at 06:47:27AM -0400, Marlene Mallicoat wrote:
> I imagine you can set the properties of a file so that no one else can read
> it, but I don't know how. Maybe you could ask Andrew?
Type "man chmod" for some help on changing file modes, although you
might find a good Unix or Linux book explains better. Let me know if
you really want an explanation from me; it's not too painful, I promise.
*** Xanni ***
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.net/xanadu/ Technical VP, Xanadu
http://www.glasswings.com.au/ Technical Editor, Glass Wings
http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia Phone +61 3 96511511