[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] :zz: To window into the CD-ROM as primedia--
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] :zz: To window into the CD-ROM as primedia--
- From: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 04:25:37 +1000
- Cc: ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <220.127.116.11.19980704120007.00fc3c10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from Ted Nelson on Sat, Jul 04, 1998 at 12:00:07PM +0900
- References: <18.104.22.168.19980704120007.00fc3c10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, Jul 04, 1998 at 12:00:07PM +0900, Ted Nelson wrote:
> what would be the prefix string?
That depends where the CD is mounted. If you mount the CD under
"/mnt/cdrom" the prefix would of course be "/mnt/cdrom". But in Unix you
can pretty much mount any filesystem wherever you want, including CDs.
I usually use the automounter, which as supplied with RedHat is configured
by default to automount CDs under "/misc/cd". On Katherine's machine I
have also made softlinks to directories named for the DOS "drive letters"
so that she can access the floppy as "/A" and the CD-ROM as "/E".
Hope that helps,
*** Xanni ***
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.net/xanadu/ Technical VP, Xanadu
http://www.glasswings.com.au/ Technical Editor, Glass Wings
http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia Phone +61 3 96511511