Re: [zigzag] Learnable Programming

On 24/10/12 14:57, Andrew Pam wrote:
An excellent article (with animation) on the subject of visualising
programming for teaching and programming language design.  This
immediately brought to mind our ideas for using ZigZag for visualising
programming, where variables are just cells and their contents and the
places where they are used can immediately be visualised, as can both
data flow and program execution flow of control.

http://worrydream.com/LearnableProgramming/

I can't help but feel that zizgag could take some of these ideas much further. did anything emerge from the clang designs in gzz?

For some other perspectives on the Learnable Programming discussion, i'd suggest these two points of departure. .. .
http://toplap.org/bret-victor-on-live-coding/
http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/4607

bzp,

                                    [ f o a m ]  ->  http://fo.am