[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
GZigZag 0.3.0 has been released
- To: gzigzag-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: GZigZag 0.3.0 has been released
- From: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@xxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:21:56 +0200
- Cc: ZZ Development <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>, zigzag@xxxxxxxxxx
- Mail-followup-to: gzigzag-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ZZ Development <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>, zigzag@xxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <ajk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
There is a new announcement mailing list. It is low-volume and
recommended to all users of GZigZag. Subscribe at
All release announcements are primarily posted there.
GZigZag 0.3.0 has been released.
This is a new major release. It starts a new stable series, 0.3,
and thus marks the end of the 0.1 era. We hope that all users are
able to upgrade to the 0.3 series, but acknowledge that there may be
problems (which we most definitely want to hear about). We recommend
that all users of GZigZag use a stable version.
This new major release sports a new, improved user's guide (which is
still a work in progress but already very useful).
NOTE: A number of the changes made require that the system part of all
spaces needs to recreated.
The following other new features have been added:
- Heraclitus Clang
- XOR mode cursors
- Text find
- Flowing Clang
- Calendar demo
- IC View
- Cursor View
- Rewritten XML import / export
- Wordnet applitude
- ball&stick model
- split vanishing into vanishing and rowcol
- nicer geometry for rowcol
- new, interesting parameters for vanishing: revper, halign
- ZOb's names are now class names.
The following internal changes have been made
- huge API change to shorter core function names in ZZCell
Download instructions are at http://www.gzigzag.org/download.html . This
release will also soon be available as part of Debian GNU/Linux (woody).
%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % gaia@xxxxxx % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%