[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: list posts rec'd all at once
- To: "zigzag@xxxxxxxxxx" <zigzag@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: list posts rec'd all at once
- From: Peter Barus <ViPr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 09:49:09 -0400
- Reply-to: zigzag@xxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: Peter Barus <ViPr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Are unified field theories of software design realistic goals, or just
Quixoticisms we share with each other? <<
I think I'm in love.
I hope to retain this charming freshness, which is actually that of a
novice with an education resembling a swiss cheese (big holes in it), who
is usually strapped to a computer running Windows and programming in some
sort of BASIC derivitive.
My ideas are the sparks that are struck off during the impact of my
software products against my userbase. A 19th century mind colliding with
the barely literate mall-rats of the 20th, on the deck of a ship built and
since abandoned by one Willy Gates...
Then along comes Ted Nelson again, who introduced me to the banjo in about
1958. I have yet to recover, and now this.
Uh, how does one pronounce "Quixoticisms"