[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Why have a multipart document address?
- To: xanadu@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Why have a multipart document address?
- From: Art Pollard <pollarda@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:41:09 -0700
- In-reply-to: <20050209104100.GH18048@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <4fdbc18c14b8dad71125938f840f190a@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20050209104100.GH18048@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
One issue as far as addresses are concerned is how do you pass around
For example, on my business card, I have my web address:
Of course, this is nice and short, and easy to remember.
But using an ID based structure, it would probably look like :
This would be a bit harder to remember, I suspect.
Of course, one solution would be for everyone to have e-mail so we can
simply e-mail it and not have to rely on paper at all. For some
reason, I don't think that sounds too practical.
Has anybody given any thought to this issue ?
Suppliers of High Performance Text Retrieval Engines.