[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: xanadu@xxxxxxxxxx
- From: Tim Langeman <timlangeman@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 18:45:12 -0500
I've implemented an extension to the Eprints Transquotation Service
that allows authors to make an inline quote, rather than just a link
to an eprints page.
In brief, the technique is as follows:
1) The author passes an Eprints URL to a php proxy script
2) The php proxy script connects to Eprints server and downloads quotation
I'd like some feedback about:
1) how the quote output should be "framed", ie Should
there be a logo signaling that this is a transquotation?
or a link to the larger quote context?
2) how people feel about the use of a proxy to perform this functionality?
A more full explanation, an example, and source code is available on my website: