Re: A possible application of Xanalogical technology

It may be difficult to get Nelson's ideas accepted by them as

a) they probably already have their own ideas/approach

b) Nelson's ideas are hard to grok, requiring a steep learning curve for which they may not have time

If Nelson's ideas were clearly written up in a nice, hardback book they could distribute around their team, it might work, but alas, no such book exists. The ideas are in the C, Smalltalk and X languages, pieces of which aren't all found. Lots of digging... with some cool gems, but not everyone has the patience/detail-orientation to be an archaeologist.

-Jeff

Don Dwiggins wrote:
Mitch Kapor, of Lotus Agenda fame, has started a new project to create an
open source information manager (code named Chandler), both for personal and
group data.  The project's web site is osafoundation.org.  One aspect of all
this is a good document storage and management system.  I've proposed (on
the design mailing list) that they look into Nelson's ideas, but there was
no reply, so I don't know if my suggestions took.

I'm posting here in case someone from this community might want to join the
developer's list for Chandler and (re)present the "Xanadu point of view".

Best regards from a perpetual Xanadu dilettante,