Re: Request for Some Enlightenment re Ted's Position on Files/Directories

Thank you.  I haven't seen any mail from here in a long
time.  The explanation of tumbler addresses was quite
clear and easy to visualize. For my part this little exchange
has revived my fervor.

Regards,
Philip Garzieri.

Andrew writes:

<It is difficult to see how else to guarantee global uniqueness and
preserve the transfinite arithmetic properties of tumblers.  Furthermore,
there is a logical containment relationship being expressed in this
design.  The Xanadu definition of a document is far more flexible than
most;>