Re: All of the WWW Available **Forever**

 ____Textpert Alert____ <ianf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  True to my name handle, I'd like to alert y'all to the truly
>  Xanadudlian mission of the start-up Internet Archive and Alexa
>  companies, the former a non-profit effort to continuously
>      s t o r e  ALL OF (unrestricted-access) WWW pages FOREVER ;
>  the second a commercial outfit developing tools to browse and
>  reuse such cumulative/ multi-generation archive contents.
>Based on Paul Bissex' article at:

Sounds like this might be a good time to propose a new URL scheme,
something like

which would automatically go to this archive or to Deja News, as
appropriate. I have made the suggestion to the IETF, and will find out how
to start the process, if y'all like.

Edward Cherlin       Help outlaw Spam     Everything should be made
Vice President     http://www.cauce.org      as simple as possible,
NewbieNet, Inc.  1000 members and counting      __but no simpler__.
http://www.newbie.net/    17 May 97   Attributed to Albert Einstein