[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Upgrading the news URL
- To: xanadu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Upgrading the news URL
- From: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 02:43:57 +1000 (EST)
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com> from Edward Cherlin at "Apr 1, 97 01:05:37 pm"
- Organization: Xanadu Australia
- Reply-to: xanadu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Edward Cherlin wrote:
> Someone should talk to DejaNews about this. They have archived most of
> Usenet since March, 1995, in searchable form. See http://www.dejanews.com/
Interesting - I knew that DejaNews had a significant archive of Usenet,
but I was not aware until now that they had committed to archiving all
of Usenet indefinitely.
> I expect we could come to some sort of arrangement with them once we had a
> transclusion syntax before the IETF.
Well, I have already done that part, but I think we need more than just
the transclusion syntax! For one thing, DejaNews represents a potential
single point of failure.
*** Xanni ***
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.net/xanadu/ Technical VP, Xanadu
http://www.glasswings.com.au/ Technical Editor, Glass Wings
http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia Phone +61 3 96511511