Re: What should hyperlinks do? What attributes should they have?

A more general structure would be to allow links to themselves be
targets of other links.  Rather than have each link be laden with a
static array of pre-labelled slots (aka "variables", "attributes",
"properties", etc.) which you may or may not fill, you can instead
link the link to any number of arbitrarily-named slots.  Of course, it
would probably be a good idea to have a standard set of names to use
when creating and linking such attributes to the target link.

I believe that a scheme like this is described in _Literary Machines_,
correct?

I think a scheme like this would be nice for it's open-endedness; however,
I have no idea how you could implement it without potentially bogging
down in a combinitorial morass of links-to-links-to-links...

-Anthony Garcia
agarcia@xxxxxxxxxxx