[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: xanadu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: XFS filesystem
- From: Andrew Pam <avatar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 01:56:16 +1100 (EST)
- Organization: Xanadu Australia
- Reply-to: xanadu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Just read an interesting white paper on SGI's new XFS filesystem, at:
* 64-bit filesystem with terabyte capacity
* integral journalling for speed and reliability
* high I/O speed including guaranteed rate mechanism (good for video!)
* supports plexing (mirroring), striping, RAID, HSM, NFS and live backups
* uses B-trees for directories and allocates contiguous regions
* very small files are stored within the directory itself!
* allows arbitrary attributes of any size or type - external metadata!
* currently only available for IRIX (therefore on SGI machines)
* additional licence fees for plexing and guaranteed rate I/O!
Share and enjoy,
*** AVATAR ***
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
http://www.aus.xanadu.com/xanadu/ Coordinator, Xanadu Australia
http://www.glasswings.com.au/GlassWings/ Technical Editor, Glass Wings
http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
P.O. Box 409, Canterbury VIC 3126 Australia Phone +61 3 96511511