[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: the yearly flurry of email messages...
- To: udanax@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: the yearly flurry of email messages...
- From: Hans-Martin Mosner <hmm@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 21:01:05 +0100
- In-reply-to: <AANLkTimjRFi43W3wov4FkcbEpu5e_dcZohbJi4zWDG_S@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <qxnwecr8vj41x64bcr5o1u1v.1297405665288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <AANLkTimjRFi43W3wov4FkcbEpu5e_dcZohbJi4zWDG_S@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Am 11.02.2011 19:26, schrieb John Ohno:
> Are you planning to translate the code in X to proper squeak, and then
> rewrite the C++ pieces?
Roughly, that's the plan. First I want to look at the code and see how the X stuff is done, and then I'll decide what to do.
I'm not sure whether the code in the image contains the complete backend functionality, or whether part of that
functionality is in the X++ code.
So before deciding what I will do, I need to have a deeper look at what's there.
A short update on my image reading efforts: I'm currently able to read objects from the UGold image into Squeak, will
reconstruct the complete class hierarchy tonight (maybe without methods).