[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Seeking Reference Material on Certain Obscure Programming Terms
- To: xanadu@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Seeking Reference Material on Certain Obscure Programming Terms
- From: David G Jones <david_jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 08 Dec 2002 14:36:21 -0500
- Cc: Jeff Rush <jrush@xxxxxxxxxx>, udanax <udanax@xxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <188.8.131.52.2.20030202184549.03b0bf90@xxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <51C7002B020CD411824E009027C469F7822423@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <51C7002B020CD411824E009027C469F7822423@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <184.108.40.206.2.20030202184549.03b0bf90@xxxxxxxxxx>
Jeff, the Smalltalk source code for Heaper and Emulsion/FluidVar/etc
is missing from the downloads from udanax, but *is* included in some
additional source code that Les Tyrrell gained.
You can download from:
which was down when I just tried, but I have included a copy of this
in my udanax-gold2java release at http://www.abora.org, look in the
"Mark S. Miller" <markm@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> At 06:26 PM 2/2/2003 Sunday, Jeff Rush wrote:
> >* passe
> This either meant "deprecated" or gone/retired. I don't remember which. Also
> our coinage.
self error: 'this routine is just passe...'!
There is no definition of #error: I can find, but in "standard"
Smalltalk implementations, it is defined in Object and raises an exception.
> >* fluid and emulsion
> I know you're working on the Smalltalk side, but I just don't remember what
> we did there, except that it had adequately similar semantics.
David G Jones mailto:david_jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PGP 0x389707D3/70D4 BBE3 9D88 B307 D8FF 5422 A61C ED70 3897 07D3