[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
EQObjects and garbage collection
- To: <autodesk!blitzen!rick>
- Subject: EQObjects and garbage collection
- From: Mark S. Miller <mark>
- Date: Fri, 14 Dec 90 16:42:11 PST
- Cc: <michael>, <xtech>
- In-reply-to: <Rick>,14 PST <9012141757.AA01401@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 90 09:57:14 PST
From: autodesk!blitzen!rick (Rick Mascitti)
This indeed does look sweet. Scheran (and I assume Ceran) has a bunch
of silly $(CASE) ants that generate different code based on whether
an arg/return type has a SPTR form or not that will just fade away.
(Merely deriving that information was a pain!) I like it. As michael
says, it allows us to concentrate on the semantics not the syntax.
I think I'm missing something. How does Michael's proposal allow
Scheran to avoid using those ants?