Re: Var is dead! Long Live CheckedPtrVar and IntegerVar!

Date: Wed, 15 Aug 90 13:40:39 PDT
	From: xanadu!roger (Roger Gregory)
	To: michael
	Subject: Re:  Var is dead!  Long Live CheckedPtrVar and IntegerVar!

	I thought the version that wjr had done held onto a pointer ot something,
	not necessarily a heaper.  Heapers have a lot of baggage the bignum parts
	on IntegerVars don't have to have all that stuff.

That's correct. The bignum code I wrote does its own storage management
using system primitives. It doesn't need heapers and I don't think it
need vtables either (Does overloading operators require a vtable?). It does
however require that IntgerVars have destructors in order to free their
bignum storage and this brings up the 'temp variables with destructors' bug.
This is the main reason that this code wasn't integrated a long time ago.

-wjr-