The Bug of the Day

I just took another long look at the fluids package in light of your
bug.  I'm afraid we've had another regression error (old code
replacing new), this time for code whose source is in C++.  The new
code which apparently disappeared was an enhancement which allowed
(actually, required) an initial value to be specified for a fluid
variable in a DEFINE_FLUID.  From my recollection, the disappeared
code would still not have solved the bug, but the initialization code
would have been the right place to figure out how to solve this bug.
Even in the absence of this bug, we need the initialization feature in
the fluids package.

Btw, this regression error must be fairly old as the translator
generates code which assumes the error.