Re: navigation ideas

> (I would like to call the method "Path Endorsement", but
> we've already eaten up "endorsement", so tentative term
> is "Path Subscription".  Suggested better term is a valid
> contribution.)

"Beat"  (The beaten path.)

"Blaze"	(Note that, though sometimes used to mean the first pass
	by an explorer, the formal meaning is to leave a mark for
	later travelers, regardless of whether you're the first
	along the trail.)

I think the formal meaning of "blaze" is precisely correct for
this use.  Many people can leave distinguished blazes at a
turning point on a trail, and later travelers can weight the
blazes of different explorers when deciding which turn to take,
or just notice that nearly everybody went west here.

	michael