Re: FromNess, ToNess

>Why do you think 4 ended links will be so useful soon?

I suppose it's just a shortcut, but I can imagine many scenarios
in which a user divines an nth prong in a relationship that needs
to be reflected as one integral, complex relationship. Suppose
that while reading a document A and encountering a link to B,
I discover a previously unanticipated relationship between both
A & B to document C, one which screams to be reflected in A,
B & C. I could create links from C to both A & B independently
but then anyone reading A would not necessarily know that whatever
it was that motivated the link to C simultaneously motivated
a link to B (that is, without first traversing the link and then
seeing the additional connection). Ditto for the readers of B.
This could result in a significant loss of context.

This reminds me of the controversy regarding "letterboxing" of
home video transfers of widescreen movies (resulting in the black
bands above and below the picture). People who complain about
letterboxing usually don't realize that the alternatives are
a) you crop the edges and lose part of the picture, or b) you
move the transfer machine around in the frame during the transfer,
trying to capture everything in the frame. Either way you don't
get the same effect as seeing it all at once, and you certainly
don't see what the director intended.

-- bobp