[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
easy to miss bug (even in structured debug)
- To: <ravi>
- Subject: easy to miss bug (even in structured debug)
- From: Eric Dean Tribble <tribble>
- Date: Mon, 4 Dec 89 21:42:38 PST
- Cc: <michael>, <mark>, <roland>, <xtech>
- In-reply-to: <Ravi>,09 PST <8912020008.AA07139@xanadu>
that's why I want to use a macro. We give the macro our desired
semantics, then have it expand to whatever gives us the best compiler
type-checking. XLint could then expand it differently.
Note that expanding the macro to NULL or to the type give different
kinds of protection. If we expand to NULL, then you must explicitly
cast when you decide to assume that the pointer isn't to NULL.