Re: if (c++ && x++)

My initial reaction to the "C is best (now)" is that it's a bitch being
on the front-lines.  I agree that the larger market for early Xanadu will be
in C (although I think our more significant developers (idea-wise, not
money-wise) will easily switch to X++).
  My main thought on how to handle this is that our C toolbox should be
fairly well sealed off, and any developer that wants to extend our tools
will essentially be required to work in X++.  By extend, I mean being able
to easily and modularly combine our initial tools to produce more powerful
tools.  This will be most true in the front-end tools (like compositors
and fm).

--Hugh