name for SEFTable

Date: Sat, 28 Oct 89 07:20:20 PDT
   From: michael (Michael McClary)

   They also have the disadvantage that the compiler constraints
   appear to be a protruscian bed, preventing us from writing virtually
   read-only objects that actually change state in ways invisible to
   their clients.

On reflection, if I understand the language correctly, I think they
did a good job here.  Inside a const method, one may not change the
internal state of the object *unless one casts "this" to non-const*.
Such a cast serves to explicitly flag the programmers belief/claim
that this is an internal state change without externally visible
effect.  As such claims are inherently suspect, having the language
catch the non-casted cases looks good to me.

I haven't tried any of this, and haven't read this section of the
manual for a while, so I'm not sure any of the above is accurate.