Stepper protocol

Date: Thu, 26 Oct 89 11:47:14 PDT
   From: tribble (Eric Dean Tribble)

   Having a NULL return encourages me to use 'fetch' and 'get' (for NULL
   return vs error) instead of value.  any reactions?

I feel strongly that if it may return NULL, then it should at least
begin with "fetch".  "fetch" itself is ok, as would be "fetchValue".
PLEASE let us consistently ensure that operations which return a
pointer which may be NULL begin with "fetch".  Although there is
nothing great about the name "fetch", having a consistent naming
convention to warn of a possible NULL is one of X++'s most important
features.