Translation of TableViews

I don't see any easy way to build TableViews except as explicit classes.
Which, given their complexity, is no real surprise.  It would be nice to be
able to specify them like UnaryFns and Predicates.  However, given that a
lot of views require at least 2 Fns (fetch and count), it doesn't seem
reasonable to do automatic translation like with UnaryFns and Preds.  If
you have any wonderful idea's, I'd love to hear them...
--Hugh