Re: First Class Links Make Second Strike

Uh, what's the argument about?

Correct me if I'm wrong, guys, but as I read it:

 - Embedded links automatically give you first-class links.  (Just
   embed them in a document containing nothing else, created on-the-fly
   for the link to live in.  This can be done automagically by fronteds
   written by prorammers who believe in making things simple enough for
   simple-minded users.)

 - First-class links DON'T give you embedded links.

Therefore, if implementing either is similarly time-consuming, the
obvious thing to do is embedded links.  This:

 - Gives the capabilities of both.
 - Punts the binding-time of the decision WITHOUT punting delivery date.
 - Keeps the theoretists and backend crew off Marcs' back.
 - Lets the frontend developers do it their way.
 - If we go to market with one, and somebody asks for the other, we can
   just say "It's in there!"

I thought we'd come to this conclusion in Marcs' office several days
ago.  Did I miss something in my light skimming of this thread?

	michael