yawn...

Just for the hell of it I finished extending and fixing the compositor
stuff to handle outlines.  The biggest bug was that some font in
Smalltalk was acting wierd.  I also changed the handling of linebreaks
and a few other things.  I think it's faster now, but I won't know
till I run it on my machine at home.  If I get inspired (bored?)
another day, I'll probably implement some of the wierd text display
necessary for version comparison (some of roger's drawings).

dean