version compare and partial orgls

Date: Sat, 2 Sep 89 20:24:40 PDT
   From: tribble (Eric Dean Tribble)

   Sorry, I meant the only implementation was to directly or indirectly
   inform a Stamp under a frozen Bert.

Does it matter in this example whether or not the *Bert* is frozen?

   I'm actually pretty hopeful about good descriptions.  We won't have to
   describe why we chose a particular set of semantics.  The better all
   the pieces work together and the fewer distinctions there are, the
   easier the explanation will be.  This is one of the reasons I want to
   reduce or eliminate the distinctions between DataThingies and
   nonDataThingies.  (Boy do I like that term! :-)

Well, if you want to remove the distinction, the first issue to be
addressed is that of synchronizing the inform operations other than
through Stamp grabbing.  I'm sure this is doable, I'm just uncertain
about whether the result will introduce more mess than it will allow
to be removed.  Definitely an experiment to try when we can afford the
time.

Ah, time.  Speaking of time, I STILL DON'T HAVE BACKFOLLOW DONE!
Until I do, I'm going to try real hard not to answer any more of these
messages.  This shouldn't at all inhibit you from sending them out
though.  It will eventually be appropriate for me to answer them
again, and I think this correspondence will be very valuable to us.